A professional development short course for bed & Breakfast and homestay hosts, childhood centres and hostel staff.
This training helps you meet your Food Act 2014 obligation to provide safe food service to those who declare a special dietary need.
Developed in consultation with national dietary needs and hospitality sector organisations.
By the end of the training you will have
- An understanding of the food legislation that affects you.
- Thorough knowledge about the food needs of those who have allergies, Coeliac Disease, gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, Type 1 and 2 diabetes, low calorie diets, trans fats diets, FODMAP diets, the several different types of vegetarianism, Kosher and Halal diets.
- Enhanced skills in identifying and selecting suitable grocery items for the different dietary needs.
- An understanding of the potential risk information on ingredient labels.
- Practical knowledge of ‘safe’ food preparation and presentation.
- The skill to use smart questioning so you can quickly and efficiently get the safe food information you need.
As part of the training you are going to receive
- Three easy-to-read PDF magazines (50+ pages) you can keep as a reference. These were especially written for the course by a dietitian and a specialist food writer.
- Extra related information to read, and a Registered Nutritionist to answer your questions.
- Interesting exercises to complete to help you apply the information to your environment.
- An easy to understand online test to achieve your Certificate of Competence for food safety training records.
Quick, easy and straightforward to complete - allow just 2 hours overall, and learn anytime it suits you within the two weeks that your login is live.
What previous course members have told us….
It was an amazing course, I have really appreciated the vast amount of valuable information.
It has been a huge timesaver, as I had been faced with the task of looking through and comparing all the info. available on the web. It’s pointed me in all the right directions.
I did enjoy the course, and whilst a lot of the information was not new to me, it was great to look at again.
Thank you for a concise and very useful course.
The course was fantastic. Thanks so much.
I would just like to thank you for your support. I really enjoyed doing this course and I learnt a lot.
I feel a lot more confident now.